This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Where would the control appare?

May 6, 2011 at 7:58 AM

I have installed this control but can't find it anywhere in the application?

thanks for your help!

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2011 at 11:39 PM

You need to add the part to a content type.

Oct 28, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Hi,

I trying to get a 'description' meta tag to show up and have installed the module.  I can see the Meta item under the 'Content Parts' listing but how do you go about adding the part to a type (and which type are you meant to add it to)?

Thanks

John

Coordinator
Oct 28, 2011 at 5:25 PM

You can add it to any type from Content/Content Types but it only really makes sense on types that have the Route part.

Oct 29, 2011 at 1:53 PM
Edited Oct 29, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Ok, I understand the route part now, thanks Bertrand. 

For anyone else (and if you just want individual page meta tags) then you go to Content / Content Types and 'edit' the 'Page' type.  The resulting screen displays a list of Fields and Parts.  You can then click on the 'Add Parts' button and select Meta from the checkbox list.  Having done this you can now go back to the individual page content items a new set of fields under 'SEO Meta Data'.

What I haven't worked out yet is what content type to use (instead of Page) if I just want a single site wide description field?

Thanks again

John

Coordinator
Oct 31, 2011 at 11:45 PM

If you want a global description, the easiest is probably to override document.cshtml in your theme and set it from there.

Nov 1, 2011 at 8:55 PM

That's great, thanks Bertrand.  I copied document.cshtml from SafeMode to my theme and modified it there.

Thanks again for your help.

John