This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't get favicon to work

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:36 PM
I put the favicon file in the Media\favicon folder as suggested. The icon appears as a "suggestion". When I click the icon, the "Favicon URL" fills in automatically. After clicking "Save" the URL is blank again. Apparently, the setting is not saving.
Coordinator
Apr 27, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Edited Apr 27, 2014 at 7:56 PM
Fixed
May 1, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Edited May 1, 2014 at 2:28 PM
I submitted the issue before I saw your reply that you fixed it. Sorry about that.
Jun 3, 2014 at 7:14 AM
I just upgraded my site from Orchard 1.7.2 to v1.8 and tried to use the Vandelay Favicon feature. I have the same experience as described in the original post above. When I select the icon I'd like to use, click save and return to the settings page the URL is blank. My site is also still showing the Bootstrap icon from the PJS.Bootstrap them I am using.

Is there anything I need to do to ensure the setting is saved?

Thanks,
Brian
Jul 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM
I still saw this issue when I installed the module from the Orchard Gallery. I downloaded the source code and just added it to my Orchard/Modules folder and in that version the favicon url was saved for me and worked as expected.
Sep 9, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Edited Sep 9, 2014 at 7:32 PM
I installed it from Gallery, and it's behaving the same: When I set its value, I get notified "Settings Updated" but favicon path on settings page is empty - and favicon is not applied to site.

I'm using Orchard 1.8.
Oct 28, 2014 at 1:33 AM
I am getting the same issue using Orchard 1.8 - the favicon path disappears after being informed "Settings Updated" and the favicon is not applied.
Jan 9, 2015 at 7:07 PM
I have exactly the same as mentioned above.

A week ago I created an Orchard CMS 1.8 website from the Azure websites gallery, and I installed the Vandelay Favicon feature.
The icon can be selected, but after 'Save' the textbox is empty.
If I put the media folder/favicon in the URL in the browser, the ico is displayed correctly so the image is ok.

Can you please fix this?
Jan 10, 2015 at 10:07 PM
Same issue for us as well: Orchard 1.8.1, Azure Web Site.
Jan 15, 2015 at 8:43 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2015 at 8:45 PM
@panjkov, @markstevens, @JeanPaulSmit and @urbanit, I was experiencing the same issue on Orchard 1.8.1. I was able to fix it by changing the following line of code:
~\Drivers\FaviconSettingsPartDriver.cs, line: 37

Change:
updater.TryUpdateModel(part.Record, Prefix, null, null);
to:
updater.TryUpdateModel(part, Prefix, null, null);
The just uploading that change to the website in production.
Jan 22, 2015 at 5:53 PM
@mjourdan

I ran into the same issue, which your suggested fix repaired. I took the liberty of adding this discussion to the tracker database as item #38:

Vandelay Module Issue #38