This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Meta Title Override in Vandelay Meta Tags

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Hello Vandelay!

This module is a must have. Install is easy, and it works just fine.

I wonder if You are able to build Meta Title tag functionality to this plugin:

• add Title as a text manually like "My keyword, text and - Site Title"
  • add Title as a variable of the content type:, for example: %entrytitle%%blogtitle% or %PageTitle%
  • mixed Title, like: "Top keyword - %Blogtitle%" - %SiteTitle%
  • maybe a default dymanic Title by content type.

I see, that Orchard is in the early stage in the lifecycle, but You did one of the most important plugins, what could make alot more! Maybe You know Wordpress's All In One SEO plugin, what is a glory above the head of any WP sites.... Default Meta autogen with tags, like %Pagetitle% %PostTitle% or %PageTitle% and a manually override option in page/post editing. This can free up 10-20 hours of work for every Orchard sitebuilder!

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:38 AM

There is a fork for that, that I didn't pull for technical reasons but you can look at it and maybe give me a patch for it?

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Oh, and Orchard 1.3's tokens feature would be great for that. Mmmh. Great idea. I will implement that once 1.3 is out. Would you mind adding a feature request in the issue tracker for that?

Sep 20, 2011 at 7:24 AM

I've submitted the idea to the issue tracker with more details and a screenshot of All in one Seo what is a working example.

Sep 20, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Fantastic, thanks.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:00 PM
Hey Bertrand - I know this is an old discussion, but is adding the title override to the meta feature still something you're interested in? I have a need for it myself and I install this module on almost every Orchard site I build so it would be really convenient to have it included. I'll work on a PR for it if it's something you'll take.
Apr 14, 2015 at 9:22 PM
Sure.